Monday, November 5, 2012

O + S Bear Carrier

My little niece is about to be joined by a new baby brother or sister. (Tomorrow!!!)  I'm going to wait to find out if it's a boy or girl before I make a baby gift but I've finished the big sister gift -- a bear carrier from Little Things to Sew.  What a fun and quick project this was!  I used the same ultra suede type fabric I used for her cape and It's A Hoot scraps for the pocket, lining and straps.  I added batting to the straps to make them more sturdy and more comfortable for carrying around those extra heavy stuffies :).

I asked K. to be my model and she didn't want to take it off so I'm thinking I need to add one to my (growing) list of Christmas gifts to make.   I still need to trim the straps but I promise it's straight and fits well and she was happy about wearing it.  She was running around the house in an old flower girl dress and bare feet when I asked for a picture outside.  It was pretty cold so I snapped a couple of shots before she raced back in (mean mom!). 



K. thinks her cousin will love it but recommends that I include "instructions for the parents because they might not know how to get the stuffy in and out" :).




No comments:

Post a Comment