Sunday, February 20, 2011

Handstitching


I've started handstiching this quilt.  I love the red embroidery thread around the squares; I plan to do that randomly throughout the quilt but I'm not sure about the red swirl inside.  I went to the quilt shop expecting to buy something that would blend but there was nothing that would blend with all the squares (duh) so I came away with red.  The salesperson said after it's complete and washed you wont even notice it's red.  It's not the same handquilting thread that I've bought in the past -- it's machine thread, which I'm "conditioning" with thread heaven -- and it's quite thin.  (I'm sure there must be some technical name but I don't know what it is).  It will blend with more than half the blocks so I think I'll continue it and hope that my handstitching improves with time.  (Maybe I should start with the ones it blends with?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment